Given the extensive growth of the apartment industry, property damage issues may continue to rise gradually. Unlike condominium associations, where each unit can be owned by different owners. Apartment complexes are typically owned by only one owner or an entity such as a corporation. Each unit is then rented and a lease agreement is drafted in order to set the terms of the rental. Responsibilities of the owner and tenant are then stipulated in writing. We have seen apartment claim issues where in many cases the tenant did not purchase renter’s insurance to cover any liabilities and the apartment owner was left with the burden of costly property damage repairs.
Your apartment complex insurance may cover the following
|Loss of Rental Income||Hurricane|
|Business Personal Property||Wind Storm|
|Equipment Breakdown||Plumbing Leaks|
|Water Damage||Hail Damage|
|Fire & Smoke||Theft & Vandalism|
Tips for apartment claims
- Take safety measures for all occupants and staff
- Ensure that your property is safe for entry and inspection
- Take initial photos & videos and create an initial list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage (For example: Tarping roofs, removing water from common spaces & units)
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Apartment claim damage related questions
- Who is responsible for the cause of loss?
- Should we file an insurance claim?
- What is the extent of the damage?
- Which units are involved?
- Are air conditioning, electrical, and other systems working the same?
- Do I have structural damage?
- How much more moisture and water damage is inside the building?
- Is there mold growth in the interior of the building or units?
- Does the insurance policy cover code upgrades?
- Is my deductible being calculated per occurrence or per building?
Why you need a PA for your apartment claim
Our team of public adjusters will assist in collaborating with you and your team to effectively coordinate, manage and become the point contact for all parties involved in an apartment claim. The importance of understanding apartment insurance coverage vs. renter’s insurance coverage is essential in resolving complex issues of coverage.
Damages to apartment complexes will present complex issues to the owners. The immediate aftermath is what many business owners are not prepared and experienced to fathom. Urgent property damage issues such as keeping employees, operation closures, power outages, damaged roof components, exposure of building envelopes, water intrusion to the interior of your building causing major water damage common elements and inside units become the complexities of keeping your business from misfortune. An experienced commercial claim public adjuster will properly address and identify underlying issues that you and the insurance company may not understand. Many of these issues will be difficult to investigate and document once certain repairs are made to the property. However, other issues related to structure and non-cosmetic damages will remain until properly remedied. This is simply why it is encouraged to contact a public adjuster at the early stages of your claim. Floridian International Adjusters can assist condominium associations on new claims, underpaid claims, and even claims that have been denied coverage under your property policy.
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.