Commercial fire & smoke damage claims
Bringing your business back to “pre-loss” conditions
According to NFPA, there are about $3.1 billion in property damages due to fires related to “non-residential” structures. Industrial & manufacturing facilities reported fires of about 37,900 occurrences annually, with 7,640 restaurant & bar fires. Whether your business is in apartment buildings, schools, manufacturing facilities, medical facilities, or hotels, chances are you have or may eventually experience a commercial fire damage & smoke related event to your property. The aftermath of a fire & smoke disaster can leave business owners with the burden of facing extremely difficult and complex decisions. Issues related to property damage of items such as inventory & stock, mechanical equipment, building envelope, interior alterations and structural damages are just some of the many concerns. Keeping one’s employees & staff becomes a major challenge in dealing with a fire loss to a business.
Tips for business owners after a fire loss
- Obtain incident case number from fire marshal
- Ensure that your local fire department has deemed the site safe
- Take initial photos and a list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Is there more damage than what can be seen?
The initial documentation of your fire damaged property is imperative in providing the evidence needed to create an initial presentation to your insurance company. Taking photos and videos with your smartphone or any other device will help solidify your claim and show important documentation of damaged property that may not be obtainable at a later time. Floridian International Adjusters will advise that the property be tested for soot and other carbonaceous particles that may be present yet unseen to the naked eye. It is
Claim management strategies for commercial fires
Fire & smoke damage claims related to commercial properties can be different in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do you have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are my duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- Should I obtain a temporary location to continue operating my business?
- How do I keep my employees and staff?
- Do I have “Business Interruption” coverage?
- Do I have “Boiler and Machinery” coverage?
- Do I have coverage for “Extra Expenses”?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.