Commercial hurricane damage property claims
Business owners, to a certain extent have become well educated and accustomed to the pre-hurricane planning, preparedness and protocols over the last few of decades. Major hurricanes such as Hurricane Andrew, Katrina, and Wilma have given commercial property owners in many states a powerful lesson on consequences of a major hurricane affecting a business. Unfortunately, in many cases these businesses may not survive the financial impact due to improper commercial hurricane damage insurance claim handling and settlement resolutions.
Commercial hurricane damage related perils will present complex issues to business owners. Urgent property damage issues such as inventory spoilage, keeping employees, operation closures, power outages, damaged roof components, exposure of building envelopes, water intrusion to the interior of your building causing major water damage alterations and improvements become the complexities of keeping your business from misfortune.
An experienced commercial hurricane damage insurance claim public adjuster will properly address and identify underlying issues that yourself and insurance company may not understand. This is simply why it is encouraged to contact a public adjuster at the early stages of your claim. Floridian International Adjusters can assist commercial property owners on new claims, underpaid claims, and even claims that have been denied coverage under your commercial property policy.
Tips for commercial property owners after a hurricane
- Take safety measures for all occupants including yourself
- Ensure that your property is safe for entry and inspection
- Take initial photos & videos and create an initial list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage (For example: Tarping roofs, removing water from interior spaces, removing fallen trees & other debris.)
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Do I have more damage than originally thought?
The initial documentation of your commercial hurricane damage is imperative in providing the evidence needed to create an initial presentation to your insurance company. Taking photos and videos with a smartphone or any other device will help solidify your claim and show important documentation of damaged property that may not be obtainable at a later time. Floridian International Adjusters will advise that the property be tested for several issues such as: water damage causing mold growth, structural deficiencies due to wind created forces and uplift, and other unseen failures to systems as a result of hurricane stresses.
Claim management strategies for commercial hurricane damage
Commercial hurricane damage claims can be different in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do you have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are my duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- Should I obtain a temporary location to continue operating my business?
- How do I keep my employees?
- Do I have “Business Interruption” coverage?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.