Commercial water damage claims
Whether you operate an office, retail space, restaurant, hotel, or manufacturing facility, every business is susceptible to the perils of commercial water damage. Damages to a building or other commercial property caused by a water damage triggering event will present complex issues to a business owner and managers. The immediate effects is what many enterprises are not prepared and experienced to grasp. Immediate priorities of commercial water damage issues such as: damaged inventory & stock, machinery & equipment breakdown, water supply shut-offs, or even partial or full water damage to a commercial building property become imperative in addressing immediately.
Our experienced commercial claim public adjusters will properly address and identify underlying issues that yourself and insurance company may not understand. Many of these issues will be difficult to investigate and document once certain repairs are made to the property. However, other issues related to structure and non-cosmetic damages will remain until properly remedied. This is simply why it is encouraged to contact a commercial claim public adjuster at the early stages of your claim. Floridian International Adjusters can assist business owners & managers on new claims, underpaid claims, and even claims that have been denied coverage under the commercial insurance policy.
Tips for commercial property owners with water damage
- Take safety measures for yourself and all occupants first
- Ensure that your property is safe for entry
- Take initial photos & videos and create an initial list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage (For example: shutting the water supply & removing water from interior spaces.)
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Do I have more damage than originally thought?
The initial documentation of your commercial water damage is imperative in providing the evidence needed to create an initial presentation to your insurance company. Taking photos and videos with your smartphone or any other device will help solidify your claim and show important documentation of damaged property that may not be obtainable at a later time. Floridian International Adjusters will advise that the property be tested for several issues such as: water damage causing mold growth, structural deficiencies caused by exposure to water, and other unseen failures to systems.
Claim management strategies for commercial water damage
Commercial water damage claims can vary in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What is the extent and scope of my commercial water damage?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Do any of my property damages need to be brought up to code?
- Do you have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the commercial insurance policy contract?
- What are my duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- How do I claim business interruption?
- How do I keep my tenants after a commercial water damage?
- Do I have coverage for “Extended Period of Indemnity” or “Boiler & Machinery?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.