Hotel & motel claims
Hotels & motels deal with issues of property damage on a daily basis. A majority of these issues tend to be renter related damages that are resolved with deposits and fees. However, perils such as fire, water, hurricane, hail, and other natural disasters that can directly impact a hotel or motel financially at a larger scale. For example, there are 3,900 incidents of fires in hotels each year, usually originating in the kitchen. Over time, these damages can amount to millions of dollars. This is why it is essential to hire a public adjuster to help with your hotel claim.
Hotel & motel owners and managers face many obstacles when faced with a sudden disastrous event to their business. Floridian International Adjusters understands the importance of issues related to hotel & motel insurance claims. Hotel insurance claims will entail a variety of problems where coverage may be in question.
Floridian International Adjusters for your hotel insurance claim
Vacancy issues are one of the many problems hotel & motel owners face after a property loss. FIA can successfully assist in preparing a claim management strategy that will prepare you for potential pitfalls. Property damage repairs and keeping your occupants well accommodated become front line in the limited period a business has before becoming financially burdened.
Damages to hotels & motels will present complex issues to the owners and managers. The immediate aftermath is what many these businesses are not prepared and experienced to fathom. Urgent property damage issues such as keeping employees, operation closures, power outages, damaged roof components, exposure of building envelopes, water intrusion to the interior of your building causing major water damage common elements and inside units become some of the complexities of keeping your business away from misfortune.
An experienced commercial claim public adjuster will properly address and identify underlying issues that you and the insurance company may not understand. Many of these issues will be difficult to investigate and document once certain repairs are made to the property. Floridian International Adjusters can assist hotel & motel owners on new claims, underpaid claims, and even claims that have been denied coverage under your property policy.
Tips for Hotel & motel owners after a loss
- Take safety measures for all occupants and staff
- Ensure that your property is safe for entry and inspection
- Take initial photos & videos and create an initial list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage (For example: Tarping roofs, removing water from common spaces & units)
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Business interruption coverage issues
Issues related to period of interruption and amount of time for the period of restoration need to be carefully documented. FIA works and collaborates with experienced forensic accountants to ensure a well prepared business interruption claim presentation to your insurance carrier.
Claim management strategies for hotel & motel
Hotel & motel claims to properties can be different in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What caused the damage?
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do you have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are the duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- How do we continue to operate?
- How do we keep customer satisfaction?
- How do we keep our staff employees?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.