Restaurant claim & supermarket claim
Business owners are faced every day with the challenges of maintaining and growing their businesses. However, their restaurants or supermarkets can fall victim to a disaster that originates simply from a burst pipe or cooking fire. Keeping your restaurant or supermarket open and back in business is imperative before becoming financially challenged. Issues of scope of property damage repairs, business interruption coverage, and extended period of indemnity, health department compliance, building code upgrades, and not losing employees become some of the many complexities when navigating through a restaurant claim or supermarket claim.
Your restaurant or supermarket insurance may cover the following
- Business Interruption
- Extended Period of Indemnity
- Business Personal Property
- Boiler & Machinery
- Water Damage
- Fire & Smoke
- Plumbing Leaks
- Storm Damage
- Roof Damage
Why you need a PA for your restaurant/supermarket
Our team of public adjusters will assist in collaborating with you and your team to effectively coordinate, manage and become the point contact for all parties involved in a restaurant or supermarket insurance claim. Damages to restaurants or supermarkets will present complex issues to the business owners. The immediate aftermath is what many business owners are not prepared and experienced to fathom. Urgent property damage issues such as: salvaging inventory, avoiding spoilage, keeping employees, operation closures, power outages, damaged roof components, exposure of building envelopes, water intrusion to the interior of your building causing major water damage improvements & alterations are some of the complexities of keeping your business from misfortune.
An experienced commercial claim public adjuster will properly address and identify underlying issues that you and the insurance company may not understand. Many of these issues will be difficult to investigate and document once certain repairs are made to the property. However, other issues related to structure and non-cosmetic damages will remain until properly remedied. This is simply why it is encouraged to contact a public adjuster at the early stages of your claim. Floridian International Adjusters can assist condominium associations on new claims, underpaid claims, and even claims that have been denied coverage under your property policy.
Tips for restaurants & supermarkets after a loss
- Take safety measures for all occupants and staff
- Ensure that your property is safe for entry and inspection
- Take initial photos & videos and create an initial list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage (For example: Tarping roofs, removing water from common spaces & units)
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Business Interruption Coverage Issues
Issues related to periods of business interruption and amount of time for restoration need to be carefully documented. FIA works and collaborates with experienced forensic accountants to ensure a well prepared BI claim presentation to your insurance carrier.
Claim management strategies for restaurants & supermarkets
Commercial claims to properties can be different in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What caused the damage?
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do you have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are the duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- How do we continue to operate?
- How do we keep our staff employees?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.