Residential bathroom leak claims
Water damage originating in bathrooms is one of the costliest damages affecting homeowners today. With a multitude of plumbing components present inside a bathroom, it is almost just a matter of time before an issue will arise affecting a home. We find that water travels in the path of least resistance. As a result, a bathroom leak will channel and travel into: closets, bedrooms, hallways, kitchens and even other bathrooms that may be “back to back” sharing the same wall. The effects of a residential water damage caused by a bathroom leak can leave homeowners and other property owners with the burden of facing extremely difficult and complex decisions.
Issues related to property damage of items such as bathroom cabinetry, walls & drywall, tile flooring & tile base, insulation, cabinets, and other interior finishes are just some of the many concerns one should have when dealing with a bathroom leak. Properly identifying and investigation other potential issues such as leak detection, replacement of plumbing systems, water extraction, dehumidification, structural drying and restoration & repairs may create larger obstacles to the simple apparent cosmetic damage to finishes that an insurance company’s adjuster may just consider. Navigating and understanding the process of a bathroom leak insurance claim will be overwhelming, the assistance of an experience and qualified public adjuster can prove to be essential to the policyholder.
Major bathroom leak sources
Water damage caused by a bathroom leak can arise from many sources such as: toilets, faucets, supply lines, shower pans, shower heads, clogged drains, and even shower tubs. Identifying the source or cause of the water damage is not always simple and can mean that contacting a plumber is the next step to take.
- Toilets – Caused by failed flanges, faulty supply lines, overflows
- Angle Valves – Overtime these valves may fail
- Faucets – Many of the components can wear
- Shower Diverters – Can drip, drip over time from wear
- Shower Heads – Usually will have the seals fail
- Shower Pan –Over time and due to wear a pan will break or tear
- Drain Backups & Overflows – Caused by a clog or obstruction and maybe a broken pipe
- P-Trap & Drain leaks – Can leak due to wear or clogs
- Water supply lines – Typically leak due to material failure or at connection with valves
- Tubs – Can fail over time by cracking or rusting
Your own public adjuster at your side!
Floridian International Adjusters is effective in identifying damaged items that you may have not known were damaged or could be claimed to your insurance carrier. Our comprehensive and thorough review of your insurance policy will not only prepare you for what is ahead in the claims process, but will also help guarantee good planning and management of your claim. Your public adjuster will review your policy’s coverage, limitations, exclusions and endorsements.
When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do I have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are my duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- Should I make arrangements for temporary living?
- How do I keep my tenant?
- Do I have coverage for “Loss of Use” or “Additional Living Expenses”?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.