Residential fire damage & smoke damage claims
According to the National Fire Protection Association, approximately 300,000 – 400,000 thousand home structure fires occur each year in the US. The leading cause is found to be attributed to cooking equipment related issues, accounting for 43% of all residential home fires. The aftermath of a residential fire damage can leave homeowners and other property owners with the burden of facing extremely difficult and complex decisions. Issues related to property damage of items such as drywall, flooring, insulation, HVAC systems and other interior finishes are just some of the many concerns one should have when dealing with fire and smoke claims.
Properly identifying and investigation other potential issues such as soot removal, deodorization, structural damage restoration & repairs may create larger obstacles to the simple apparent cosmetic damage to finishes that an insurance company’s adjuster may just consider. Property owners are also faced with the delicate and emotional toll that damage to personal property such as cloths, furniture, electronics, and items of sentimental value can take on one whose house just burned. Displacement of one’s home in many cases is the biggest loss to someone dealing with a fire damage and smoke damage claim. Navigating and understanding the process of a fire claim will be overwhelming, the assistance of an experience and qualified public adjuster can prove to be essential to the policyholder.
Tips for residential policyholders after a fire loss
- Obtain incident case number from fire marshal
- Ensure that your local fire department has deemed the site safe for entry
- Take initial photos and a list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of your fire damage loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Is there more damage damage than what can be seen?
The initial documentation of your fire & smoke damaged property is imperative in providing the evidence needed to create an initial presentation to your insurance company. Taking photos and videos with your smartphone or any other device will help solidify your claim and show important documentation of damaged property that may not be obtainable at a later time. Contacting an insurance claim professional such as a public adjuster is beneficial in the documentation of damaged property at the early stages of an insurance claim. We find that homeowners and other policyholders at times fail to understand and identify the nature and extent of their damage. Our adjusters have the experience and trained eye that allows us to immediately understand the scope of repairs with clarity.
Claim management strategies for residential fires
Fire damage claims related to homes can be different in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do you have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are my duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- Should I make arrangements for temporary living?
- How do I keep my tenant?
- Do I have coverage for “Loss of Use” or “Additional Living Expenses”?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.