We know hurricane damage
Many residential property owners have become well educated and accustomed to the pre-hurricane planning and preparedness over the last couple of decades. Major hurricanes such as Hurricane Andrew, Katrina, and Wilma have given homeowners in many states a lesson on the life changing consequences hurricane damage. Homeowners are once again reminded by the recent catastrophic events in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, and the Virgen Islands as a result of strong wind gusts & rain as a result of Hurricane Harvey, Irma & Maria.
Residential property owners typically have “pre-hurricane” immediate plans such as: securing windows & doors, and taking photos & videos of property prior to an event. Long term plans such as maintaining roof systems, reinforcing structures with impact windows, doors and hurricane straps are not only encouraged, but may be required under certain municipalities and building codes.
An experienced public adjuster for your claim
Hurricane damage related perils will present complex issues to a homeowner. The immediate aftermath is what many homeowners are not prepared and experienced to fathom. Urgency kicks in, property damage issues such as food spoilage from power outages, fallen trees, blown roof shingles, exposed roof sheathing, water intrusion to the interior of a home causing microbial growth such as mold become imperative in addressing immediately.
An experienced public adjuster will properly address and identify underlying issues that yourself and insurance company may not understand. Many of these issues will be difficult to investigate and document once certain repairs are made to the property. However, other issues related to structure and non-cosmetic hurricane damage will remain until properly remedied. This is simply why it is encouraged to contact a public adjuster at the early stages of your claim. Floridian International Adjusters can assist residential property owners on new claims, underpaid claims, and even claims that have been denied coverage under your homeowners policy.
Tips for homeowners after a hurricane
- Take safety measures for yourself and all occupants first
- Ensure that your property is safe for entry
- Take initial photos & videos and create an initial list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage (For example: Tarping roofs, removing water from interior spaces, removing fallen trees & other debris.)
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Claim management strategies for residential hurricane damage
Hurricane claims to residential properties can be different in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do you have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are my duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- Should I make arrangements for temporary living?
- How do I keep my tenant?
- Do I have coverage for “Loss of Use” or “Additional Living Expenses”?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.