Residential window leak claims
Window leaks are known to be a common cause of water damage in a home. A window leak usually goes undetected until the resulting water damage is observed inside the dwelling. Water intrusion from a window leak can cause major damage to a home, costing homeowners thousands in repairs. The aftermath of a residential window leak water loss can leave homeowners and other property owners with the burden of facing extremely difficult and complex decisions. Issues related to property damage of items such as: ceilings, walls, drywall, flooring, insulation, cabinets, and other interior finishes are just some of the many concerns one should have when dealing with roof leak claims.
Properly identifying and investigation other potential issues such as: boarding up, repairing windows, water extraction, dehumidification, structural drying and restoration & repairs may create larger obstacles to the simple apparent cosmetic damage to finishes that an insurance company’s adjuster may just consider. Navigating and understanding the process of a roof leak claim will be overwhelming, the assistance of an experience and qualified public adjuster can prove to be essential to the policyholder.
Are repairs to my windows covered?
Insurance policies differ, many insurance companies will only cover and pay for the “ensuing damage” caused by the leaking windows, but will not pay for the actual repair of the window itself. This is because window repairs are considered maintenance issues. If a window has aged and has incurred significant “wear & tear”, insurance will likely not cover it unless the window is directly damaged by an event.
Ways windows can leak
- Condensation – High humidity inside the home
- Caulking & Seals – Can be due to wear or weather related
- Water inside panes – Weather related or damaged window seals
- Top of window – Indicates leak can be from within the wall
- Bottom of window – Can mean the frame is bent or damaged
- Clogged gutters – Avoidable with routine maintenance can direct water away
Tips for residential policyholders after window leak damage
- Contact a qualified window contractor
- Ensure that your home is deemed safe for entry
- Take initial photos and a list of damaged property (Interior & Exterior of building)
- Locate your property insurance policy (hardcopy & PDF if possible)
- Immediately take steps to prevent further damage
- Contact Floridian International Adjusters for a FREE CONSULTATION!
- Provide prompt notice of loss to your insurance company
- Develop a plan and claim management strategy with your public adjuster
Claim management strategies for residential window leaks
Window leak water damage claims related to homes can be different in many ways. When consulting with your public adjuster, a plan should be developed with the following questions.
- What is the extent and scope of damages to my property?
- What is the initial proposed cost of repairs and restoration?
- Does any of my property damage need to be brought up to code?
- Do I have an estimated timeline for the period of repairs and restoration?
- What are benefits under the insurance policy contract?
- What are my duties and conditions under the insurance policy?
- How long will it take to receive any payment for my claim?
- Should I make arrangements for temporary living?
- How do I keep my tenant?
- Do I have coverage for “Loss of Use” or “Additional Living Expenses”?
- How long can my claim settlement take?
Our public adjusters service the following areas
Floridian International Adjusters continues to expand into several regions of the US and abroad. Currently, our licensed adjusters can assist property owners with damage in the following locations:
|South Carolina||North Carolina|
Property loss consultants working for you!
Founded in a region known for it’s high risk of natural disasters such as tropical storms, hurricanes, floods, fires and other catastrophes. Floridian International Adjusters has become a known advocate for policyholders who have incurred the consequence of property damage to their homes and businesses. Our licensed public adjusters have represented and settled thousands of property insurance claims on behalf of property owners. FIA’s trained staff and adjusters come from many diverse backgrounds such as customer relations, architecture, emergency restoration, marketing, business administration and even from inside the insurance carrier side of the property insurance industry. The combination of these various disciplines gives the firm a competitive edge in excelling the practice of public insurance adjusting, property loss consulting and loss appraisal.
Floridian International Adjusters core principles center on the needs of our clients. Our careful representation and insurance claim management strategies provide your property loss claim with an opportunity to maximize the benefits of your insurance policy coverage in an efficient and pro-active manner. Understanding the nature of identifying damage and properly appraising the value of your claim is our specialty.